Boxes from the Heart 2018
Greenscapes Nursery and Garden Shoppe is continuing its work with Madison Department of Social Services in organizing our program called, Boxes from the Heart.
This program is in its seventh year and could not continue without the support from our community members. This program is designed to encourage everyone to give a little something extra to someone in need during the holiday season. The items donated can be as basic as a box of tissues, a warm hat, toothpaste, or a simple picture book to help a little child dream of the future. All donations are distributed to families in need, living in Madison County.
Box Item Guidelines:
- Givers are encouraged to wrap a shoebox in holiday paper (wrap the top and bottom of the box separately). If unable to find a shoebox, supplies may be dropped off at Greenscapes Nursery, Madison, VA, and will be wrapped by our staff. NO DONATION IS TURNED AWAY
- Boxes can be individualized for a boy/girl/gender neutral, infant, child, teen, adult, or entire family
- Please place a piece of paper inside each box to identify the age group/gender
- Food items that melt are not encouraged within the box
- Please enclosed items that fit inside the box so lids are secure during transport
- Boxes will be collected at Greenscapes Nursery & Garden Shoppe through December 7, 2018. Items will then be delivered to Madison Social Services office where they will be handed out to individuals in need
Any questions pertaining to the program may be directed to:
Thank you for your organizations consideration and participation for the 2018 holiday season!